Annual Events July
Hakkeijima Hydrangea Festival
- Mid-Jun. to Early Jul.
- Hakkeijima Sea Paradise
- During the festival, you can see 20,000 hydrangeas in full bloom on this manmade island, the most you can find anywhere in Kanagawa Prefecture. There are numerous hydrangea-related events, including the Hydrangea Stamp Rally, tea ceremony, photo exhibitions, and restaurants offering specialty menus.
There will also be a “Bayside Market ~Hydrangea Fair~,” with sweets which are associated with hydrangea and special dishes only offered during the festival.
Yokohama Asahi Jazz Festival
- Late July
- Asahi Jazz Festival Executive Committee
- Children’s Nature Park Baseball Field
- Asahi Jazz Festival gives many opportunities to play and perform for amateurs.
Yokohama Sparkling Twilight
- Mid of July
- Yokohama Sparkling Twilight Executive Committee
- Yamashita Park, the offshore of Yamashita Park, and the surrounding area
- Yokohama Sparkling Twilight is a summer tradition in the port city of Yokohama.The Sparkling Fireworks show is being held over two days; the combination of music and fireworks provides a superb climax to the Yokohama Sparkling Twilight event. Yokohama Sparking Twilight also incorporates a number of other special activities, including the Sparkling Parade, a parade of mikoshi portable shrines from every district in Yokohama (including Yokohama’s Chinatown district).